Who is Freedom Fuels Australia?
Freedom Fuels was established by Matthew and Andrew Morland when they merged a number of family related companies. Freedom Fuels began as 11 retail sites and approximately 50 employees. In 2013, Freedom Fuels has a business footprint that covers 42 owned and operated retail sites, supported by an import fuel terminal network in Sydney and Brisbane. We currently service a customer base from Gippsland in Victoria to coal miners in the Bowen Basin, Queensland and all in between.
Freedom Fuels directly employs over 350 people within our organisation.
In December 2012, the Freedom business was wholly acquired by Idemitsu Kosan Co Ltd , a company listed on the Japanese stock exchange.
Freedom Fuels Today
Freedom Fuels markets a total yearly volume of over 650 million litres of fuel,. and our producer-to-pump quality control processes ensure that our fuel meets the highest Australian standards, every time.
Freedom Fuels has invested significantly in terminal inline injection systems in the ports of Botany Bay and Brisbane to facilitate both the state and federal governments move towards mandating renewable fuel blends (Ethanol and Biodiesel).
Our business successfully operates in 5 key areas across the Eastern Seaboard of Australia.
- 42 fuel and convenience outlets across three states
- Various food offers including Grinding Time cafes
- Car wash facilities
Terminal Operations and Transport
- Importation and storage of fuel in shore based tank terminals across Queensland and New South Wales.
- Supplies bulk fuel to Retail, Wholesale and Commercial customers
- Supplies fuel to independent retail outlets
- Supplies fuel to independent distributors
- Supplies fuels lubricants and services to local and state goverment, mining, agricultural, marine, industrial and transport sectors
- Services customers in various locations covering the Bowen Basin, Hunter Valley, regional Queensland and Victorian regions.